That’s right folks, “Adventures in Library School” turned one last week (May 9th for those of you keeping track). I missed posting on the actual date in the rush to get ready for a brief vacation back in Colorado, but I wanted to do something to mark the occasion. It seems like calling out favorite posts from the past year is a common theme of blogoversary posts, so I’m going to follow that trend, and take a little trip down memory lane. Here are my 5 faves from the last year (in chronological order):
- Hello World! Where it all began….
- A Visit to the British Library. The first adventure I chronicled on this blog was my trip to England last May/June. While there, I managed to fall absolutely goofy in love with the British Library (which, considering that it’s a very old school library, is managing to pull off the Library 2.0 thing pretty well). ::wistful sigh::
- The Dewey Binary System. I have a… quirky… sense of humor, sometimes. I may be the only person who finds this funny, but since this is my blog, I’m the only person who has to find it funny.
- Tucson Rivers: Easy Come, Easy Go and Tucson Rivers Pt. 2. Okay so this is kind of cheating, but these two posts really do go together. Tucson had some pretty amazing rainstorms last summer, and I was lucky enough to be able to document some of the results.
- It’s Not About Us: Un-Sucky Design and the 21st Century Library. In which I get my rant on and explain my library service philosophy. I’m pleased to note that since that rant, the self-checkout stations at my local public library have actually been replaced with something usable.
And with that little blast from the past completed, it’s now time for me to make a fairly important announcement.
These are the last words I’ll be writing on “Adventures in Library School”.
No, no. I’m not going to quit blogging (I’ve been doing this for a year, I’m addicted now). But I’ve run into a slight problem…. You see, this blog is called “Adventures in Library School” and I’m no longer *in* library school and suddenly the blog name doesn’t seem quite right….
So, I now have a new blog, “Adventures in Librarianship” and a new home for it at www.adventuresinlibrarianship.com. And, although I’m sorry to have to make folks do this, it’s time to update your browser bookmarks and your RSS feeds, ’cause I be movin’. See ya’ll over on the new site.